Tuesday, October 03, 2006

She's new; I've only been there three times since she's been doing the Monday day shift. I guessed that it was D² on the phone with her when I overheard her say: "My man Tim is here, well Bridget's man Tim." I'm possessed by many. I'm always somebody's Tim. I show up on Monday's to catch Bridget's evening shift.

Watching her is a like a lesson in tip getting. She has started the flirting. I appreciate the effort but I really have a set rate for tipping. I enjoy the game.

Usually, the new help gets broken in with one of the other bartenders. Not only does this help with the mechanics of how the place runs but it clues them in to how the regulars are treated. She was mostly trained at night so she had only seen me once prior to her being left alone to tend the bar.

She's only seen me interact with Bridget and Bridget is a jokester and always goes over the top when I'm there; she's the one that will hang on my arm and sing my name to the tune of the song on the sound system while she waits for her drink orders to be filled. Bridget is funny; she makes me smile. I don't even get to tip Bridget.

No comments: