Thursday, January 04, 2007

The original plan was to just go home and do home things but I got out early because I did some hero thing. Well, maybe not so much heroic. I helped out without being asked and it caused my lunch hour to be delayed so I was told that I didn't have to return which meant I got about forty-five minutes extra for lunch but also meant I could do whatever I wanted to because I was off company time.

For me, New Years resolutions have never included anything having to do with alcohol, and if anything I seem to be out to prove that alcohol for the New Year is still definitely still on my list. I'm the kind of prick that will eat a cupcake or two in front of a dieter. And it's not because I'm mean, it's because I preach moderation. I think you can do whatever you wish as long as you do it in moderation. My problem is that sometimes I over moderate.

Anyway, I walked down the street for a late lunch. Or, at least that was the modified plan but I seemed to have forgotten about the eating part of lunch. I blame it on a lack of other patrons and a familiar face. The familiar face had a beer in front of her and me, not wanting to be rude, ordered a beer as well.

Before she left she asked for my phone. I handed it to her and she added herself as a contact. She said it was so I could call her if one of my friends would happen to be around this coming Friday but soon she added that I could call her for other reasons.

She seemed to keep delaying her departure. I was pretty certain she was waiting for me to make a move.

I was an obtuse statue.

No comments: