Thursday, March 17, 2005

holiday

i was reading the liner notes, read the copywrite info too, 'used by permission' - i would like to see somebody say 'used without permission'

in the early days of candid camera, during editing, Allen Funt would sometimes 'bleep' words that weren't profane, when his network found out they told him 'you can't bleep perfectly good words'.

i have the day off, 'some bullshit holiday' is what it is usually called by those who don't have it off but it’s the day the British evacuated the city, it maybe bullshit that I have it off but the holiday itself is not.

I'm sitting having coffee, listening to cd's, feeding the squirrels from the window and playing solitaire on my pda, when i'm not writing notes on it, wondering how much of this day i'm going to waste when i get a phone call, it's the second job, they are having trouble with the fax machine, from what i can gather, someone changed the setting from 'auto' to manual for the call pick up. I try to help over the phone but it's difficult without knowing what the buttons 'say', the person on the other end of the phone has to get another call so she hangs up.

I decide to go in and think to myself 'it’s show time' which really isn’t going to be much of a show. I just have to push some button.

No comments: