Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I went by the usual place for lunch, Danielle was there.

“What are you having, Sunshine?” she asked

“A ginger ale” I said

“A ginger ale or a ginger ale in a plastic cup?”

I smiled as I said “A regular, normal ginger ale”

“So, you really just came by to see me then”

“Yup”

“Are you going to order lunch or do you want to see the specials”

“I would love to see the specials”

I’m familiar with the regular menu.

I ordered the chicken parm sandwich from the specials, it came up from the kitchen with lettuce and pickles inside. Danielle sent it back without me even looking at it.

She wasn’t having a good day and it seemed to be getting worse.

She was telling that she couldn’t stand anyone at the bar. To my left were two guys, one was about fifty and a pompous ass, the other, who was getting his ear bent, looked like some working stiff, beyond them around the bend in the bar were a couple, probably late thirties, not talking to each other.

“Just look at them” she told me.

I looked and said “Yeah, I see what you mean but now I’m worried about me”

“Don’t worry you’re alright”

No comments: