Thursday, March 31, 2005

Wednesday usually no one is looking for me

Yesterday's plan was to go for a few after work but I got a call around one o'clock in the afternoon that Lady G was having trouble with a file she downloaded. I tried to talk her through it but it didn't work.

So, the plan got changed.

But then Lady G's daughter called and said that she was able to do what was needed.

So, the plan was back on

Danielle was there when I walked in a four and said "Hello, Sunshine!"



Danielle is the one of the left and Courtney is on the right


Danielle and I talk about this and that then she leans in as said "Timmy, do you know what I like about you? It's that when everyone else wants to tell me their stories you let me tell my stories."

Dave came in later, Dave bartends at a different bar, a higher class bar, he sat next to me.

"I've never seen you without your hat" he told me.

"Yeah, I left the house without it. I almost bought a new one today."

Then Dave tells me the problems he has with his customers.

Danielle tells me that Jennifer will be coming in at seven. I haven't seen Jennifer for awhile, so then the plan was modified to include Jennifer. She also tells me that this is Courtney's last day at this location, she'll be working in the next town to the North after tonight.



Jennifer is the one right, Lauren is the left


Right at seven Jennifer walked in so I settled my bill with Danielle, so she would get her tip, I counted six pints but I was given a bill for four, we then discussed some counting techniques. Danielle decided to have dinner at the bar and sat next to me and the new help, Katie, sat next to her and then for the next hour I was at the end of the bar talking to five attractive women while the rest of the bar was put on hold.

I ordered a whiskey sour from Jen because I was pretty much done with drinking beer and I wanted something that costs a bit on money so when I left her a tip it wouldn't look too stupid. I usually watch them make the drinks just for something to do but I missed Jen mixing my drink, I took a sip as I wondered why she watched me and she asked "Do you need more Jack?" I said "No but I might need more sour mix." I don't know how much whiskey was in that 16 ounce glass but I can tell you I could barely taste the sour mix.

Jennifer has this hobby of getting the regulars 'feeling good'.

I tossed a twenty on the bar because I was done with having a few. I tossed a twenty because I don't know how much a Whiskey Sour costs, even though I get then from time to time, and because twenties were all I had. I watched her ring in my bill and the display says "No Sale" and she hands me back three fives and five ones. I was going to go over counting techniques with Jen as well but then I decided just to take a five and split.

It looked like it was going to be a slow Wednesday night.

Lauren wasn't there last night but I'll probably see her Friday. She's the one that I usually bother.

She's also the one that had me change my solitaire setting, on my T5, from a three card flip to a one card flip. I told her the one card flip "is for babies" but she noticed I hadn't changed it back yet.

Sometimes, I like winning.

No comments: