Sunday, May 29, 2005

finally mowed all the lawns this past Saturday morning

got the oil changed in the dodge Dakota as well

pretty much called it a day after that and showed up at a favorite place

may presence had been requested

my plan was to hang around a bit and relax but there was trouble, someone was refused entry and took offense

a window broke but management jumped on it right away

at the time I did know but the offended was part of a pub crawl and the offended’s crawl mates took offense too

I noticed the management was taking too long to return so, I went outside, what I saw first - four high performance motorcycles. I got a bad feeling. Next I saw the manager in charge keeping tabs on the one who broke the window and they were both surrounded by quiet a large number of people, people not too keen on what the manager was doing. The commotion was happening in the middle of the street. I stepped from the doorway to the curb. As I got to the curb, the assistant manager grabbed some guy from behind who had just approached the manager from behind and then three guys looked like they were about to rush the assistant manager.

I thought “Shit”

As I was stepping off the curb, I tried to think of the best way to protect everyone. The pub crawlers were all wearing green t-shirts, I counted nine of them in the street and more on the sidewalk. There was too many. I was worried about the mob mentality effect so the first part of my plan was to approach slowly. By the time my foot hit the roadway, things were over, the situation diffused as quickly as it had got ready to explode.

which was good because I really didn’t want to get my ass kicked that day

No comments: