Thursday, May 05, 2005

"Hey, Sunshine"

"hello"

then she leaned in a little, for secrecy's sake, and said "I wasn't certain I would see you this soon", she was there Monday night, the night I shared the cab ride.

"I figured I would just get it over with" I said as I smiled at her while I leaned back as if to let her now I'm okay with speaking openly about it.

"Lauren was disappointed she didn't see you yesterday, she really would have been asking you questions." Lauren was also there Monday night.

She then changed the subject.

I like sitting at the far end of the bar, near the taps, I like the attention, the activity. One of my hobbies is spotting cracked glasses. I'm mister excitement.

If you sit by the taps and if the barkeeps like you, they will chat with you whenever they pour a beer, also the waitress working the floor also has to come by to get her customers' drinks, so the area is busy. It's less of a social strain on me if things are busy. I'm not a big talker.

There was a new hire working the floor, so Danielle turned to her and said "This is Timmy. Timmy's funny. We like Timmy."

"Yeah, I'm a real riot."

"We like getting Timmy drunk" was further explained to the new comer.

"By the way" I interrupted "Do you know what was that red shot you gave me?"

"Yeah" and then she turns to the new one and says "It looked like things were about to get interesting so Lauren gave him a shot…"

"Lauren said it was from both of you!" I interjected.

Ignoring my comment she continued "It was one of the big shots, filled with vodka, peach Schnapps and a splash of cranberry, so you wouldn't know how much alcohol was in it" she said rather pleased with herself as she finished the sentence with her attention towards me.

"Well, now I know who my friends are"

"There was dancing and singing…" she continued.

and then the manger chimed in "And it's all on tape" he said as he motioned to the surveillance cameras.

"Can you get by the phones?" I asked as I motioned down the stairs. I was pretty sure he could not.

"No" he said a little disappointed.

"Then I'm okay with it"

No comments: