Monday, May 23, 2005

"You let people take advantage of you"

we've had this discussion before

"I don't see it that way"

"How do you see it?"

"I see it as helping folks out"

"but that help never gets returned"

that statement isn't true and that statement wouldn't matter even if it were true.

she doesn't get

I help because I can and if I need help in return, it's there if I need it.

...

"Why aren't you doing things like this for money?" she asked after i gave her something handmade.

because i can't work for myself, i've done that. it doesn't work for me

and there are few people i would actually work for

also, with money comes obligation, with money you have to do a thing

...

i work two jobs and there are times when i don't like either of them but i stay at both because i don't need both, working the two gives me an out. if things get really bad i can say adios to either job and make do at the other.

but if i were ever to quit one, i'm certain i would hate the other even more because i wouldn't have an out.

No comments: