Monday, May 02, 2005

sometimes, I don't succeed in being a hardass

she said "Good job with the ad"

There was no emotion in her voice, I didn't know if she was serious or not so I played it cool and asked "Which one?"

"*the weekly trade*, you shortened stuff but everything is there by you just changing around some words"

I smiled because sometimes that ad is a heck of a thing to do, to get all of what everyone wants into it, so I rewrite things, rearrange photos and ad placements, sometimes folks don't like me rewriting their ads but my priority is to make things fit, sometime fluff gets cut out. I was glad she was reading the ads, not all of the workers do.

The owner was sitting right there and she looked over at me and made a comment about me blushing, maybe I was, and if I did blush, it was brief, she caught me off guard, I thought she was going to complain.

No comments: