Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm a faker

Last night I was mowing the lawn for the first time this season. I like mowing the lawn because it gives me time to think. I don't like mowing the lawn because to do the front, side and back lawn it takes about an hour and a half. Despite some of my hillbilly ways, I'm a city boy, that's too much lawn mowing for one house for a city boy.

Anyway, I was thinking, thinking about my lame posts, thinking way would anybody read this stuff, wondering why I still write this stuff and then I heard my own words from earlier in the day. The words were "I'll do it tonight." The time was 6:45PM, the sun was still shining brightly, I had only been mowing for about twenty minutes. I calculated the amount of time I needed to finish the mowing. I didn't like my answer.

I only mowed the front lawn and then kept my promise to made a phoney wedding invite for a friend so that that friend can take the phoney wedding invite to their place of employment and say "I have a wedding to go to that day" and get the day off.

It was a damn good fake.

No comments: