Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm no prince but I am charming

She was pouring a stout beer from the tap. It looked like she had some worries. I don't know her that well because she mostly serves as a waitress but she knows I'm friends with the bartender and a few regulars.

I bent down so that I could look her in the eyes and she smiled at me. I smiled back and said, "I was going to say that you need to smile but you just gave me one so, you've already taken care of that."

And then her smile grew. She finished the pour and I went back to my conversation. The guys that I were with are used to me leaving a conversation to steal a smile. Sometimes, they will pause the conversation but usually they don't and just shake their heads at me when I return my attention back to them. I just shrug my shoulders and laugh a little. I think it's important to keep the bar staff happy, even if they aren't pouring your drinks.

While I was leaving, I surveyed the bar room to say my goodbyes and the waitress was waiting to catch my eye, and when she did she smiled, I smiled back as I gave a half wave.

Her name's Kaitlyn.

No comments: