Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cinco de Mayo

There were five of us rounding the corner of bar, we were all drinking Bud or Bud Light, not very festive. It wasn’t my regular crew, save one, Paul and he brought a friend and introduced him as Ben, the other two were just regulars. After a few rounds of beer, Danielle started to mix a drink, she had said something to our group but I missed it, over the sound system and the participants of a pub crawl. She had a look about her like she was up to something.

She wasn’t digging the way her day was going. When I asked her how she was doing she told me that she would “let me know when Benny complains again when he’s served a beer with a quarter inch head on it” as she nodded to Ben’s now empty seat.

So, then I knew that the friend was a friend was known to the bartenders and wasn’t liked. I felt a little better because I didn’t like the guy either.

“What’s that?” Ben asked after returning from a smoke as she mixed the drink but she wouldn’t say.

“Is Timmy going to find out what that is?” Paul said.

“Yes he is” she said and placed sixteen ounces of raspberry margarita in front of me.

“He’s getting free drinks?” Ben said.

I wanted to say “Yeah, that’s right bitches” but I just took a sip and smiled.

...

Lady G and Little g don’t like walking in my yard because there are snakes.



No comments: