Friday, May 12, 2006

So, Ken called me just like he said he would. Ken's my mechanic as of Tuesday.

"Tim, your truck is all set."

I was surprised I thought I was days away from getting my truck back and I was planning to rent a car (my warranty covers rentals, just not the convention fee attached to rentals).

"Hey, that's great."

"Yeah, that computer came in today so we were able to finish. It's just a little bit over what I quoted you. I think I quoted $497 but it's actually $512.31."

"That's still okay."

"Yeah, Chrysler is paying $1600."

"That's even better. Thanks, Ken."

When I bought the truck I took them up on their offer to extend the warranty until my loan was up. I have eleven more payments on a sixty payment loan. To extend the warranty, it cost me $400 dollars.

So I'm up $1200. I think that means I win. I should have told Ken.

No comments: