Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I picked up the phone. It was someone I was familiar to. It was someone I was not too familiar with. What was known, narrowed down the choices of all the known voices. Fortunately, I didn't have to commit to a name until I had a match.

but I don't think I even used it.

...

I had not a clue as to what I was doing so, I walked in and flashed my charm.

She flashed back a smile which involved the whole of her face.

Things would be okay.

...

"The kids were talking about that the other day, if they had your color eyes."
...

"Why are there two 6002's?"

"Are you looking for 6002?"

"No"

"Then don't worry about it."

...

"Here because you're good. You're helpful."

He handed me a gold metal ring, which looked more like a disk with a whole through the middle; there was a cross at the top and the rest of the ring was encircled with little round balls which sat at the end of stubby stems, I think there was ten of them.

"There are a few of us around." I said as I looked at his gift. " I just think that's the way to be."

"That's good. Don't change. Do you know what that is?"

"No"

"It's a hand rosary. I'll pray for you."

"Thanks. I can use all the prayers I can get."

I walked around with the trinket in my pocket, trying to remember what it is that I believe.

"Here, I thought if anyone needs God, it's you." I said as I later handed the rosary to Lauren.

so much for being good

No comments: