Thursday, May 11, 2006

the line was like its own comic book character and all I did was type deadline

I was at the bar only the bar room seemed to be more of a daycare center with a bar. There were young children every where playing with rubber balls and plastic toys and most likely those colored wooden blocks.

I was there with my two of my sisters but I couldn't tell you which of my four sisters was the second one with me. We had to step over the kids to get to the bar. Lana was the bartender. She set us up with beers.

"Everyone has to leave soon because we're shooting a movie in the next room" she said.

And then we were shown to the door.

"Isn't there anything you can do?" my sister asked me.

I remember thinking "Yeah, I can get us back in but I don't like asking for favors such as that" but my sister wanted to prove that her brother had some pull. So, after everyone had left I asked Lana to let me and my sisters back in and that we would just stand off to the side and not be a bother. Lana let us back in with no trouble at all.

After we left the bar, we were walking somewhere. The somewhere was a definite place but just like that second sister I couldn't identify it specifically. I guess it was unimportant to the dream. A family dog was with us, a cocker-poo. The dog in real life, had black curly hair but in this dream she looked like she had patches of her fur bleached white and then dyed orange and it wasn't done well. In our traveling there were things to climb over and I would have to pick the dog up and pass her over whatever it was and she would always snap at me. She never was actually able to bite me but I snarling flailing dog is not easy to pass over a fence, and every time right before I would have to lift her up she would defecate right in front of me as some sort of message of disapproval of not her being picked up but of me as a person.

I don't think we ever got to where we were going.

...

So, I was typing that out and came to the word flailing and I thought "How do you spell flailing?" I could get to the f-l-a but then things just wouldn't ring true. I tried flaying and flaring but I knew neither of those were correct. So, I kept sounding out the word but with no help and then I asked myself "Well, what does flail sound like?" I answered "Nail" and I could spell nail so then it hit me F-L-A-I-L-I-N-G.

...

I left her the invite on her desk. I wasn't too happy with it but I hadn't done a thing with it in over a week and there was an approaching deadline. When I'm uninspired with something I'll just throw all the info on the screen and start moving things around. She called to say that she liked it but that one of the places had changed their logo.

"You like doing things like this, don't you?"

"At times" not when there is a dealine and not so much when it's for you.

...


deadline

I saw a

line of death

I saw

a physical line you could stand right at but if you touched it or stepped over it, you would instantly drop dead

I saw

a line so powerful that it held the power of death, the death would not come from poison gas or deadly sharpened edged things, it was as if the line sucked the life right out of you at the very same moment it filled you with death. A life to death transfusion.

I saw

dead carcasses would always fall back to this side of the line, never on it, never over it.

I saw

there were no dead carcasses but I knew the legend of the line, nothing on, nothing over.

I saw

nothing escaped the power of the line.

I saw

the line was for everyone, everyone's deadline was this line here, it was just we all had different starting points, we would meet the line at different times.

I saw

feet that stood at the line but the feet didn't need to be there, the man attached to those feet was just seeing what meeting the deadline was like but it wasn't the same because it wasn't his time

I saw

those feet were mine, I was looking down, I laughed a "Ha," took a step back and walked away.

No comments: