Saturday, May 06, 2006

seedy

I plugged in the portable cd player and set it on top of the trash bucket. It fit nicely but I always worry about setting non trash items on top of an item for trash. Two tracks played before I moved it to the bookshelf. I’m the one that empties the trash.

The fit on the bookshelf wasn’t as fitly but it got me thinking about the bookshelf stereo that was sitting unused. I fetched the unit removed the portable player, track five was playing. It’s a three cd player, I had four new cd’s. The bookshelf unit doesn’t fit on my narrow shelf for books unless it’s turned sideways. It’s turned sideways.

I loaded the cd trays: tray 1 – Neko Case, Black Listed; tray 2 – TOBYMAC, Welcome to Diverse City; tray 3 – Billy Joe Shaver, The Real Deal. I jumped to track five of cd one and let it play. I then wondered about how much of my life I’m wasting.

The fourth cd is The Very Best of Lisa Loeb.

Neko Case ended and TobyMac started to play. I wondered what I was doing with a TobyMac cd, not that I didn’t like it but it didn’t seem like something I would buy but then track six started playing and I recognized the song. Track six is Gone.

Wondering about wasting my life, started a little early today and at slightly an odd time, I was mowing the back lawn. I finished the front and side lawns, the front looks like it got a bad haircut.

I was cutting around the patio when thoughts of life value started, so my mind was traveling else where when something caught my eye. The something had almost got stepped on and that would have been a shame because I like snakes. I think it must have been sunning itself on the edge of the patio and didn’t care to move for either me or my mower.

It was the same kind of snake that I had recently found dead in the basement, only that one was on the tiny side, this one was just on the small side. I picked it up, wished for my camera, carried it into the house to get my camera, took a picture and then set it in a garden which wouldn’t get mowed.

I would say that I watched it slither away which might be technically correct but doesn’t convey the peaceful straight line method it used for locomotion. I wondered why I didn’t know garter snakes could move in a straight line, I found my ignorance and its lack of side to side movements odd.

The neighbor’s cat watched me finish mowing, I half expected the cat to say “You missed a spot.” He was watching rather intently, until my last pass. I then thought about making friends with the local skunk, I would need Cool Ranch Doritos.

No comments: