Monday, May 08, 2006

I thought about starting a new feature...

Are there any old features? Is it incorrect or maybe just imprecise to say new feature when there haven't been any features before? Why is it imprecise instead of inprecise? Same question for impossible.

Questions like those keep me from thinking about the meaning of life and why am I here and things like that. Foolishness has its reward.

Anyway the feature: calculating distances from my house to major crimes in my neighborhood. Within the last two weeks (about) the list would look like this:

cristel meth lab discovered 345 feet from my house
one person shot 1.07 miles from my house
one person stabbed 1.54 miles from my house
one person stabbed .92 miles from my house
two people shot 3.10 miles from my house

there was a hostage situation and car chases and other things but...

This feature sucks. End feature.


Up on the roof I sat and watched the hornets chew at the wood that someone nailed there to hold the rolled roofing over the end of the roof. I think a real roofer would have used some sort of flashing or drip edge. I wondered what part of my house the hornets where making their paper nest in. The hornets used to feast on the cardboard boxes that an old tenant had left on the roof but I finally have thrown those away.

Hornets are pretty good at making paper. I like the ash gray color of the paper they make.

I watched the silverfish scramble as I move the weathered two by eight. Silverfish remind me of some pre-historic creature. Some, unknown to me, hid in a seam I was patching and ran out when the roofing tar came close. I noticed two got caught in the black goo so I picked them out, then I tried not to look anymore.

No comments: