Thursday, May 25, 2006

I needed cash. I didn't have cash but I did have traveler's checks. I signed where I was supposed to have already signed when I received the check; I made the check payable to me and then flipped it over to confirm what the information said on the back before I signed it again. The back states something like for payment the person giving you the check has to sign it in front you. The plan was to deposit the traveler's check into my checking account but I nearly had to pass an American Express office so I went there first.

"Can I cash this?"

"Is this your signature?"

"Yes, both are and that's my name, printed. I wrote it to myself."

"I can't cash it unless I see you sign it."

I was half expecting a no answer but not for that reason so I asked "Even if it's made out to me?"

"Yes"

"But those are my signatures, I made it out to me and I can assure you I signed it in front of me, like the back says."


The guy next to her heard the commotion and told her to have me sign the back and if the signatures matched to give me my money, which she then did.

No comments: