Monday, May 01, 2006

That very last part is just a note for me

One bit of trouble with surrounding yourself with yes men is that you can't get the truth when you ask for it

...

So, Friday I did the usual Friday thing I do. I went to the bar with some friends.

"Did you hear about the new girl?" The bartender asked one of my buddies.

"No"

"The owner was by the first day she was by herself and asked her about some questions and she couldn't answer them."

"When was this?" my buddy asked and the barkeep then looks over at me to provide her with the answer. I gave her a defensive look while I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh yeah, that's right, you weren't here."

Yeah. Damn straight. I'm not there everyday and night.

But the questions that were asked were what type of Gin do we have and what's in a Margarita. She answered the first question with bar Gin and the second with Tequila, sour mix and Gin. The owner also runs a Mexican bar and grill and the bartenders will often work at both locations so knowing what's in a Margarita is something to be known.

She was fired the next day.

...

Frequently, I'll feel that there is too much to do so I'll do nothing. Sometimes I can get my butt in gear regardless of that feeling but other times I succumb.

Writing as much as I do, I'm sometimes surprised at the amount of prewriting that happens automatically within my head. A sentence will be arranged so that a certain word will be read before other words, to either let the point of the sentence to be a surprise or to set the mood for the rest of the sentence. I'm kind of rigid in my ways. I think there is only one correct way for me to write a sentence and I try to write that sentence.

...

Currently, there is the skull of a squirrel sitting on my kitchen counter soaking in a bleach solution. I could have had the whole skeleton but I felt that was too morbid, but the skull is cool.

...
I called the owner like the note asked me to, she wanted some photos transferred from her camera to her laptop.

"There are a couple deals close to closing"

"That's good" I replied but there must have been a little bit of a hint of questioning in my voice, mainly because I was wondering why she was telling me this.

"So, you don't have to worry so much"

...

Club Passim Cambridge MA July 12 8PM

No comments: