Thursday, May 25, 2006

It bothers me when my charm fails me.

If you asked me to describe myself, I would probably start off serious and end up ridiculous. Charming would be on the second half of the list.

I wouldn't admit to it but I do bank on it.

"Can't you see my honest appeal? There must be something wrong with you. Maybe you missed it. Let me show you again."

...

The cable was out for most of yesterday. The cable company was called and an appointment scheduled for two days hence. I lamented the lack of cable. What was I going to do without the TV for two days? I remember calling the company bastards because there were things I needed to see.

Later, the cable came back on. I was relived when I could finally surf the channels again but that was short lived because I soon realized that whether the cable was working or not there was still the same thing to watch.

Or, so I originally thought. At least when the cable was out, my mind wasn't being polluted by others.

...


"I don't believe it and what's up with that music there? And what's up with the narration? Isn't having her addressing the court enough of a clue to let us know she gets to address the court?"

And then later they showed Marie Antoinette getting guillotined "And so ended the life of Marie Antoinette" the narrator told us.

Oh, Yeah? Really? I thought most people survived being beheaded.

No comments: