Tuesday, May 09, 2006

She asked him what train he was catching to go home. He gave a vague answer. He's overly afraid of her advances. She was experiencing some drama in her relationships. She just wanted a walk to the station. She didn't want to walk alone.

He again repeated his story, the one that begins with him repeating her words "Remember these" as he sticks out his chest mocking her motions. "I don't remember those."

"Yes, you do."

"No! I don't!"

"You do. All she is referring to is that one day she caught you looking, which you readily admit, not that you have seen them naked or handled them or anything. Just that you've looked."

"Yes, I do look but she's an attractive woman and she puts them out there."

"And that's all she is saying. I know because I've talked to her about it. You worry too much."

"I'm afraid she'll rape me or something." he only half joked "Listen, I've been married thirty-three years I'm not touching that."

"She just wanted a walk to the station. I'm not saying she wouldn't take you home if you let her but she isn't going to force you. She just wants to feel good about herself "

"That's screwed up."

"What?! That she wants to feel good about herself? Who doesn't want to feel good about themselves? You just said that you enjoy it when she teases you and grabs you and stuff, that you feel like you're wanted, that's all she wants. That's it, nothing more."

"Timmy, you should have been a psychologist" Danielle said.

I forgot there were other sets of ears.


...

naive

...

So, I was walking past my neighborhood national parks service store and noticed on the counter some Gadsden flag patches. I noticed them quite a few months before and actually bought one and then a few months after that I tried to purchase another one and I was told that they don't carry that item and that no one had ever remember that patch being sold. I foolishly argued the point. So, today I went in and spend $4.15 just to have the salesperson that told me that they didn't sell those, ring it up on the register.

I think that means I won.

I should have pointed that out to her.

...

"Renovations at the bar" Joe said while rubbing his hands together in delight.

"I was there until eight last night. You think they would have said something." I said.

"Will they be opened tonight?" Brian asked.

"No. I don't see how they could be."

"It's a good thing they picked a Tuesday or else I would be pissed."

"Yeah, they're probably working around your schedule."

"I should thank them."


...

The place was mostly empty. I like the place mostly empty because I get more attention; they spend my time there talking to me. The place was still mostly empty when she came in. She sat next to me but then I really didn't expect her to sit anywhere else. She started telling all her stories to Danielle. I wished I could have said "Well, a story's a story." but I really wasn't interested in her stories.

I heard about dresses and make-up and shoes, the shoe story caused her leg to go past and over my left shoulder.

"Pretty flexible, huh, Tim?" she asked.

"Yeah, that's not too bad." for an old broad. She's really not that old and she is attractive. Then she started another story but then stopped and mentioned that she would finish the story when I wasn't about. I still had forty minutes left for lunch so I stayed about. She ended up telling the story.

The curtains that are maintained in her relationships got peeked behind and someone got upset. Everyone knows what goes on behind the curtains but they all pretend that nothing happens; everyone is happy that way or something that passes for happy at least.

I could tell you the whole story almost word for word like I sometimes do but it was said that I'm pretty tight lipped so I could be trusted with the story. I really shouldn't be trusted with the story but none the less, I was, so I'll maintain that trust.



What was the point of this story?

I think the point came about from Melissa's post, the point that is. Something about listening to people. Maybe it will come to me later.

No comments: