Saturday, July 08, 2006

I asked him repeatedly to push the call forward button whenever he left his desk

So,

I'm expected to be:

level headed
even handed
the voice of reason
the go-to-guy
a problem solver


There are times I wish to be none of those things. There are times I do want to fire bomb someone's truck and then whisper in their ear, "That was me."

but...

I'm expected to be those things because I am those things for the most part.

I don't get to routinely fly off the handle.

I get stuck being the peacemaker.


...


I've started investing again - in place of playing the state lottery

or maybe in addition too



SYMC
BBBY
KRON

Today they are trading at close to their 52 week lows, which is usually when I buy stocks.

...

a co-worker's mom lives in a house I pass to and from in route to work.

"My mom wants to know why you're so sad."

I laughed.

"We were getting our nails done the other day and she said "Tell me about Timothy" and I was like Timothy who? and then she said the boy I see walking by my house everyday, he seems so sad."

I laughed again.

"I told her that you're really not that sad, it's just that you're kinda shy."

"Yeah, I'll try to skip more, in the future."

...

There was that one day he had to fish his phone out of the trash. Tossing his phone into the trash was easier than writing a note.

No comments: