Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I've actually said that but without the f&ucks

Mostly, I don't say much but when I do say something I stick with it.

He started talking about how some guy was bad mouthing him. I suggested that he not get too angry about because he heard the information second hand and the guy that was supposedly bad mouthing him is a pretty good guy. I told him that he really didn't know what was said and sometimes people say things or hear things a certain way which leads to a misunderstanding.

"There are times I've heard you say that people were yelling at you for stuff when they were just asking you for things."

He leaned back a bit, stared at me and challenged my statement "So you think I exaggerate things?"

"Yeah. Sometimes you do."

like this little show right now.

...

"I'm surprised he hasn't called me yet."

"Why would he be calling you?"

"Because I'm supposed to be out driving around."

"I thought you just said that he told you to stick around the office."

"He did."

"So then why would he be looking for you?"

....

It was nearly a full week's pay I earned over the weekend. Technically, I only work thirty five hours a week. Technically, I'm not paid for my one hour lunch break.

It worked out to be the equivalent of twenty nine hours.

I usually refuse overtime.

.....

"What do you expect? I'm crazy."

"We talk about it every time you come in here."

"I forget. All right?"

"How can you forget every single time? You are crazy."

"I'm not crazy."

"You, yourself, just said you were crazy."

"I know. I am."

.....

"Every time I'm away something like that happens, even when I was in school, if I was out for some reason one of my friends would get into a fight or something."

"That's because if you were around, you would have talked everyone out of it."
......

That Spokesperson

She's taller than I thought

She's hotter than I thought

.......

"Did you fix it?" He asked.

"No. There are some things I cannot fix."

"I'm glad you're man enough to admit that."


...

"I've never heard of it."

"That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist."

....

"What?!" I asked as perturbed sounding as I could muster. I heard his question. I just wanted him to repeat it in a civil manner. I was tired of him just shouting out questions and expecting me to answer them.

When he repeated his question, it was in a calm and mostly polite manner. I did not answer likewise.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?!"

"I'm sorry I just thought you might know."

"No! Seriously, how the fuck am I supposed to know? How am I supposed to know a conversation that you had over the phone with some guy I've never met, when I wasn't even in the office for most of last week?"

"I'm sorry. Forget it."

"No! Come on. Please tell me. How the fuck am I supposed to know?"

No comments: