Thursday, July 06, 2006

If I was after you your red truck would have been fire bombed by now

so the message was:

"I owe the company $2000
Please take 500 from this
check. Thanks"

It was poorly handwritten

and for some reason the 500 didn't register with me so I took the two grand. It was a debt from February so I thought nothing of it.

and if I did think something it was 'about damn time'.

He called me with an attitude.

"Yeah, the check you wrote was for the wrong amount…" he trailed off like I knew what the fuck he was talking about. I didn't know what he was talking about and I knew I double checked that check so I explained to him the commission percentage which is at times seems different for co-brokes. He explained to me that he understood the commission percentage and that I shorted him. So I explained that the note I read, that was written by him, told me to short him. He replied that the note said that only 500 was to be taken.

I explained to him that I read the note as to take the two grand and recited the note as I thought it to be "I owe the company $2000, please take it from this check"

"No! I cleared it with the owner that it would only be $500."

I didn't like his attitude and I was having trouble keeping the city punk in my under wraps but I was cool enough to realize that maybe I made a mistake. I do make mistakes.

"So nowhere in that note does it mention $2000?"

"The note is rather clear."

"Listen, I'm not trying to screw you. It's possible I made a mistake. I read that note as saying 'pay the two thousand from this,' if that isn't the case, I'll cut you a check for fifteen hundred. That's not a problem."

"Oh. Okay."

I reread the note. The note is clear if you can make out his hand writing which for some reason I didn't care to submit to forensic analysis, so I misread it.

If you are on my shit list to the point where I am actively screwing you over, there will be no doubt about it because a cock of rather sizable girth will be so far up your ass it will be hammering the back of your tonsils.

No comments: