Thursday, July 27, 2006

We were talking about how the clientele has been changing, becoming more freakish, become greater losers. I mentioned that sometimes I'll look down the bar and wonder where I fit in. She said that the consensus behind the bar is that I'm the most normal. She said that I'll talk to anyone and not let too much bother me.

And then she looked at my buddy sitting next to me and pointed at him with her chin and said "You're kind of normal too but not like Timmy."

So, there it was, I was indeed at the top of the list of freaks and losers.

...

"I'd like to make these two payments."

"Okay. Weren't you in here recently? You have a lot of payments."

"Yeah. I was here yesterday. The gas company wasn't a big fan of how I was paying the bill so they said I had to make some payments."

"I can imagine."

Just then we both look towards the entrance and noticed a cop walking a guy in handcuffs to some small room behind the service counter. We could here the guy stating "That wasn't my stuff."

"Alright then," Greg said

Greg continued to type in a bunch of keys some of which produced a beeping noise. A customer then approached the desk; he looked a little irritated. Greg answered the ringing phone and once he hung up he asked the guy if he was all set.

"No, I am not"

"How can I help you?" Greg asked as he returned to his typing.

"I would like to know where your chicken wing sauce is."

"All our marinates and sauces are in isle ten."

"I was just there and there is no chicken wing sauce."

"At the top, they have Frank's Hot Sauce," I said, interjecting myself into the conversation because I didn't like the guy's attitude.

"The Tabasco sauce."

"It's by the Tabasco sauce but it says right on the label that it's used for buffalo wings. Maybe they are out of stock but that's where it usually is."

"I like Nance's"

"Would you like me to call someone?" Greg asked as he picked up the phone.

"No. I will check again," the guy said and then left. I half expected him to return.

"It's seems like it's going to be an interesting night," I said to Greg.

"Yeah" and then Greg picked up the ringing phone again. I started to think about how much of a nuisance it is to have to answer the phone while you're trying to get things done. "That was the second guy who does carriages to call in tonight. So guess who going to have to do carriages...while answering the phones?" He picked up the ringing phone again.

"That's for you." Greg said to the deli guy that was at the counter to play a lottery ticket. "They want the deli."

"You can handle it."

"Joe's not around?" I asked regarding the deli manager.

"Joe's not around even when he is around."

Greg finished with my bills and told me I was all set.

"Hey, thanks. I hope your day changes."

"Yeah, but it won't."

"At least you'll have some stories to tell."

On the way out I checked the status of the carriages most where still in the corral.

No comments: