Thursday, July 20, 2006

My advice to him would be to stay away from stairs

How ya doing?

I'm okay.

Really?

Yeah.

Are you winning?

Excuse me?!

Are you winning? At being mad? Are you doing more damage to him than you're doing to yourself? Is thinking up vengeance that you will not carry out, helping?

(no answer)

Or are you just wasting energy on something stupid?

I have a right to be mad at him.

Maybe but how is that working out? It's been almost six hours.

I could do things to make him pay.


I know. But you won't.

(silence)


What's the longest you've ever carried a grudge?

About a week. My grudges rarely survive the weekend.


Most don't last more than half an hour. Most don't begin. How long is this one going to be?

I haven't decided yet.

Is he worth the energy?

No.

So, is it the principle? Do you want to teach him a lesson? Do you think he'll learn?

(no answer)

You'll most likely do nothing. Your worst vengeance usually ends up being just not helping the guy in the future.

(silence)

Well, good luck with the anger thing…You're the angriest peacemaker I know.

No comments: