Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My timing is off.

...

To spice things up I've decided to add a period to the number of periods from the previous break.

....

"Anytime you want to go out on the boat, just let me know."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

There was a brief pause before he added "Yeah, you and three or four of your friends can go out some time. I mean that's why I got that boat, so people can have fun. I like you and all so anytime you want, let me know."

"Okay. Thanks."

I figured he added that I could bring friends alone so that he wouldn't sound gay.

Boats are cool but at the end of the day I rather just stay on shore. Boat trips are okay, from point A to point B, but just tooting about the harbor just to toot about the harbor is something I can take a pass on.

.....

So, there is some problem at the day job and some folks are in panic mode; a boss three rungs up from me asks that I contact all the guys in my division to call in if they see any trouble.

"Okay but all my division is just DH and TD," I made a circling motion encompassing seven cubicles, four of which are always empty.

This is the same boss that has decimated my division.

Call *all* my division - please, you mean call Dick and Tim.

......

I remember him saying that the main reason that he bought a boat was to catch some tail.

.......

"Who's the blonde?"

"I don't know, I didn't see her" so, I looked. "That's Sara. You've seen Sara before."

"I don't think so"

"She's been here for a couple months now"

"I've never seen her before."

"You've seen her."

"Maybe, I don't remember. Should I remember? Did I say anything bad to her?"

I was getting tired of his constant negative thinking so I figured I would have some fun.

"You don't remember what you had said to her?!"

"No."

"The manager threw you out because of it."

"He did?"

"Yeah, you were being rude, saying all sorts of things and Sara told the manager and then he threw you out."

"I don't remember her. You're making it up."

"Yeah, I'm lying. I'm making the whole thing up. Her name isn't even Sara. Why would I lie about it?"

"I don't remember."

"I bet she remembers you."

He just shrugged his shoulders as he went to the men's room, so I called Sara over.

"Sara, I need a favor, the guy sitting next to me name's Dick, just when he comes back say "Hi, Dick. I didn't see you sitting there" or something, he says he doesn't remember you and then he started like making stuff up. So, it will be funny."

"Okay"

Dick returned to the seat to my left and started talking again and then paused.

"Hi, Dick" Sara said.

After Dick did his double take, he said "Hi, Sara." Sara then walked away.

"I'm so embarrassed. I don't remember her but she remembers me. Wait! You told her to say something."

"Why would I do that? What would be the point? Like I'm going to say "Hey Sara, say hi to this guy when he gets back" Come on, now."

"Oh well, I didn't know."

I just looked to my right to CB who was a witness and silent partner to the whole episode and rolled my eyes as I smiled.

It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

........

"I'm gonna die"

"You've said that so many times, it has lost all meaning."

"Today I mean it."

"Then prove it."

"What?!"

"Then prove it, you say that all the time but you don't. I'm not daring you or anything, it's just that I think you're pretty stout."

She gave me a furrowed brow look of displeasure. I figured over my use of the word stout

"You're a survivor. You will survive it." I continued

'It' was drinking for twelve straight hours the night before.

.........

"You guys are boring."

"And we weren't before?" I asked.

"No, before you guys were talking."

"You're supposed to be entertaining us. We're the customers."

"Yeah you should be doing a little dance for us or something." My forgetful friend said.

"Yeah, a dance or something would be nice." I said as I rolled my eyes.

..........

Straight dialog

...........

So, I read that the place had reopened; they had closed for renovations. It was a slightly longer walked than I wished but I actually had a desire for one of their sandwiches so I walked.

I had a sawbuck in my pocket. I couldn't remember the price of a sandwich; I guessed at six or seven dollars and a beverage would be under two bucks. I figured I had plenty.

"Can I help you?" two sandwich makers asked me at the same time. I looked at the counter between them as I placed my order. I figured I would let them chose who was going to fill it.

"An Italian with everything."

I casually watched as she made it.

"Everything?"

"Yup"

"Including hot peppers?"

"Yup"

Hot peppers are part of everything and if I every catch someone giving anybody crap over putting hot peppers on an Italian sub after they ordered it with everything, I may commit homicide.

............

This is about the time I put in a request for a vacation.

No comments: