Monday, July 03, 2006

So, I'm slightly worried I'm typing too much but it's hard to tell because it's over four or five txt files so I open all the files and cut and paste them into a Word document and find out that it's under eight hundred words which ain't all that much. I think the most I've done in one day is 1500 or so.

I was sitting there talking with a co-worker. My place of employment has started laying people off and a friend had to take a pay cut. This friend has a family which consists of a wife and two young children. The pay cut is about one hundred seventy five dollars a week.

"I'm trying to stop goofing around so much," I said.

"Why?"

"Because I think we're being watched and also because *our friend* is getting screwed and out of respect for him, I don't need to be goofing around so much."

"What?! Are you kidding me? You're one of the hardest workers up there. Name someone that does more than you."

"It's not that I don't get things done, it's just that I could be doing more."

"Most people up there don't do half of what you do."

"I know but just because you can find someone that doesn't do as much as you doesn't mean you shouldn't be doing more. And I fell bad that *our friend* is getting screwed. I don't want him to see me goofing around. It's out of respect for him"

"You do more than most. You're crazy."

I stopped trying to explain it to him.

No comments: