Thursday, July 13, 2006

I walked over to the place where we drink coffee. He was there by himself. I sat down, took a sip of my iced coffee and then heard his problems for five minutes. Towards the end, I'm not certain if I was really listening anymore but then he was just repeating basically just what I had heard the days before from him.

It seemed like all his problems were being kept inside and building up under pressure and I was some sort of safety valve.

I wondered what would have happened if I hadn't showed up.

A lot of his problems are what I chalk up to living life.

...

"Do you have the knife?"

"What?"

"Do you have the cutter?" He said .I started reaching for the drawer where I keep my x-acto knife when he added "That's supposed to be let over here for people to use it."

Then I thought "Oh no you didn't' but what I said was "No! Someone probably took it and didn't bring it back"

Shove you damn judgment in a sack because if it weren't for me there wouldn't be any 'cutters' in the office at all and who calls a knife a cutter?

....

I think a whole tuna sandwich cut in half isn't as good as two half tuna sandwiches when the half sandwich is made by folding one piece of bread in half.

And I have debated such.

.....

She said she was surprised she hadn't seen me the night before and mentioned who was bartending as a reason that I would have been there and then she asked if I had been at work.

It wasn't because I was at work. It was because I'm trying not to be a drunkard and secondly I'm trying not to pour so much payroll down my gullet.

I told her I had had things to do.

......




Normally, the 'best of...' suck but the current issue of Improper Bostonian did a pretty good job.

and I wrote that before I found out that there is even a picture of Lady G in that issue.

No comments: