Tuesday, November 07, 2006

and really that not what the boss said either

I don't get intimidated too easily and I don't let folks push me around so when I got a panicked phone call from the office that stated someone needed the invite emailed right away. I simply said that it was not possible and I told them why.

I was asked if there was any other solution; she sounded scared. She works for the owner and not for the charity requesting the invitation. I didn't hear the request first hand but what I do hear, from the office assistant, makes me think the requester was rather adamant about it, possibly even pushy.

I responded with a diatribe that could be best summed up as "Screw that bullshit," and told her to feel free to pass that message alone.

"Tell them you spoke to me, you tried, and I said it can't happen right now."


...

"No, that's not true."

"Oh, I didn't know."

Then why are you talking like you know?


...


"The boss wants to have a meeting with you about the design you came up with."

"I didn't design nothing. I just draw shit up."

"Well, he said you did it and--"

"I drew up what he told me but I 'came up' with nothing."

"Well, anyway he wants a meeting."

"I think it's too much paint--"

"It's less paint."

"It's less paint to put down but it's more paint in one location. Have you ever tried to walk over twenty four inches in paint? When it rains and that gets wet, it's going to be slippery. I don't like it."

No comments: