Saturday, November 18, 2006

my nerves have a high iron content

We were scratching lottery tickets, just like we were last Friday. Last Friday we hit for $65 and I suggested we get 65 quick picks for the Mega Millions game, which was over one hundred million dollars. Of those sixty five numbers, two won money for a grand total of $9, so I donated another dollar and bought $5 scratch tickets.

We didn't hit but she wanted to play some more so she took a twenty from her tip jar and asked me to get more. We started winning enough money which we used to get more scratch tickets.

"So what would you do if you scratched for 5 million?" Jen asked.

"I would probably quietly put it in my pocket and walk out then call you on the phone and tell you we just hit for five million."

She thought for a moment. "Yeah, you're a pretty calm guy."

"Yeah, you wouldn't want to let everyone know you just hit because then someone might follow you," my most reactionary friend added.

Damn straight, whereas you would be jumping up and down showing every body and then when you leave end up penniless and dead in a ditch as someone runs off with your scratch ticket.

When what's let of the money, after the grubby hands of the government get through with it, ends up in my bank, then I'll celebrate.

We scratched tickets my whole lunch hour and we were still winning so I went back after work and then proceeded to finally and completely loose. I think we both ended up spending thirty bucks. It was fun while it lasted.

No comments: