Tuesday, November 07, 2006

So, I got a call from person number four that will have their grubby little hands on the mailing list. She said she followed my instructions and found the list. I ask her some questions and find out she hasn't found my list because my list has a field that indicates whether or not I had printed an envelope.

So, she looks about and some more and find my list for real this time.

"Can I add your name to the file name?"

"Is there a reason you can't leave it like it is?"

"Well, it's just similar to another file name. So, I thought if I put your name in the file name we could find it better."

"I hate when people do that."


Hate is a strong word but it may be accurate. What happens when she changes the list? Is she going to put her name on it too? No personal names in the file name unless it's a file about that person. But she persists; I wrote the file name out, I ask if the file name is not what I wrote. I'm told that it is but there is also a file with the exact same name except that there is a comma added. I don't believe it but how much can I argue? Supposedly she's looking right at it and I'm just on the phone.

"So, can I rename the file? Put new or something?"


That's another thing I hate. What happens when you make corrections to the new file? Are you going to put newer in the name?

"Can you rename the old file?"

"Yeah, I'll do that."


Great.

No comments: