Saturday, March 03, 2007

for your regalement...

I doubled parked in front of the coffee shop; only the owner recognizes me anymore, the staff I knew has moved on but then I guess so have I, maybe not so much on as out. They still have mighty fine coffee and every casual chance I get, I'll buy my coffee from them.

It's been eleven years since I stood in their line on a regular basis; things have changed. I was watching the lady with the fur coat enter the house across the street; she was also from my past. "Can I help you?" brought me back to the present. I ordered a jumbo cream no sugar which was what my order was eleven years ago. I guess my mind didn't make it all the way back to 2007 because I usually get it with sugar now.

I got to the second office by quarter to eight. I wasn't asked or expected to be there but I felt that I just had to do something; I was having too many ideas just to keep them in my head. I had a need to get some out.

I'm working out of two offices at the moment. I've moved the essentials over to the front office while most of my supplies and infrequently used equipment is still in the back office. I'm trying to keep the new office organized.

I set my coffee down on the new cutting mat I bought for my new desk and them walked to the back office to grab some napkins to use as a coaster. I cracked the plastic lid off getting ready to add some sugar that I keep around for when I make tea before I took a sip.

I've changed the way I drink my coffee a few times, usually I'll drink it the same as someone else that I'll usually have coffee with just to make the ordering easier and then the coffee shop just keeps making it that way for you.

I don't have too many strong preferences.

That first sip was good, though. I might just change my standard order.

No comments: