Thursday, March 01, 2007

This one's green

So, I got another mini flash drive; the two gig version this time. You must have know it was just a matter of time.

Hey, it was on sale. What could I do but buy it?

...

I walked in last night and was presented with three problems before I even rounded the front desk. I did my best to brush them off. When a grabbed the spare key to my new office the owner told me that everyone liked the signs. I told her that I read black is the new black for the up coming year. She then told me that they showed the signs to a design company and they liked them too; I sort of brushed that off too.

It's nice that a design company would say my work is good but were they just being kind? Were there any qualifying statements like "these are good considering..."

Whatever.

I've been charged to redo one of our weekly ads.

...

I spent $1.87 on a grande size coffee from the Starbucks on the way and walking across the plaza I wondered how I would react when someone would refer to my coffee as 'high test.'

"Hey, you bought high test today."

"When the last time you had a coffee from Starbucks?"

"Me? Never. But my kids tell me that it's high test. It's what they have out in California."

It was my direct supervisor. I did my best not to roll my eyes in a way he would notice.

No comments: