Monday, March 19, 2007


I have to remind myself not to go crazy.

One guy is still dragging his feet and the other is still making annoying noises.

My desk wasn't too out of place but then I didn't leave much available space. A stapler and a red pencil were somewhere I hadn't left them. I don't know how much stuff was stolen yet.

I don't feel like playing today, so short answers all around.

I'm okay with the web site so far.

Once I do a thing, it no longer impresses me.

It's no longer magic if I know the trick. I often miss the magic.

I told him that I was in the real estate office most every day for my vacation. He said "I can hardly wait to do something like that on my vacation."


There was a big political event this past Sunday. I think it's mostly irritating bullshit so I avoid it but others I know like it. I was asked to get her tickets, VIP tickets. My second hand clout got her on the VIP list but she wasn't treated as a VIP. She called me later that day to say that she was humiliated.

I didn't have much to say, assholes tend to be assholes and racists tend to be racists. "That's why I don't go to those things," didn't seem like it would have been a salve. I went back to reading my book after the phone call terminated.

I want to be angry but I know no good will come of that. It cost me a favor to get her on the list, I couldn't control what happened after that. There was no need for her to call me that day, there was nothing I could do nor anything I could have done different.

(Augustana)

She came by the office and asked who was giving me Hersey's. I told her that I had lots of females giving me candy. I don't think she liked that too much. She asked because I saved a note. It said "Here's a Hersey's for you." I saved it because it reminds me of an honest fondness. It was written by the twelve year old daughter of a former co-worker.

No comments: