Friday, February 13, 2009

and I don't mean his name was Richard

So, I was standing in line behind an elderly Asian man; the man’s age and ethnicity doesn’t factor into the story. Behind me was a Caucasian man probably in his early sixties, his age and ethnicity doesn’t factor into the story either.

We all were waiting to be summoned to a register to place a fast food order. It was 11:15am and the place had customer but isn’t what I would call busy. I watched and tried to calculate which of the two registers would become available first.

I still didn’t have a guess when the guy behind me asked if I was waiting to place an order. I replied, “Yes I am, just like this guy,” as I pointed to the gentleman in front of me.

“Well then you should move up or else they might think you’re waiting to pick up your order.”

I half turned to the guy and said, “No, they won’t. You wait for your order over there,” and then pointed to where three people were waiting.

“Well, I’ve been here before--”

“Well, so have I and people wait for their orders over there.”

I then placed my order as the Asian guy already placed his and I waited in the waiting area as I watched they guy that was behind argue with the girl over what he wanted for an order. The guy is a dick.

No comments: