Saturday, February 14, 2009

33
Surprisingly, I did not take this photo for Tracy. I used it in a marketing piece after I put words and logos on it.

Newbury01
I took this for the day job, someone wanted to put a twenty foot tent on the sidewalk which would have left two and a half feet of space left. I said, "No."

Starbucks
I was bored.

viennadough
I had an eight o'clock deadline to deliver bread; that's the time she said she was leaving for Vegas. It was mostly a joke; her request and my agreement because baking bread for a road trip to Vegas is a little odd. It was an agreement made a month and a half before she planned to leave.

vienna
We were at the bar the night before she planned to leave. Some folks trickled in and out but it was mostly just her, me and the bar staff.

She said her goodbyes at 8:00pm. She pulled her Red Sox hat down; I think, to hide some tears.

I calculated the time it would take to bake bread. Six hours for the starter, two hours to rise, twenty minutes to rest after the initial shaping, an hour and a half after the final shaping, twenty minutes to bake.

6+2=8
8+.5=8.5
8.5+1.5=10
10+.5= 10 and ½.

At home at 8:30pm. 8:30pm + 10.5 hours = I had time.

So, I had time.

Notice the early morning sunshine of the finished product.

No comments: