Friday, February 20, 2009

Concerns: not great

I don’t have any great concerns that I don’t see myself overcoming but I do have this guy reading the paper across from me. I wish that he would just take the paper back to his cube and return it later, but then he’s probably over here because he doesn’t want to be seen reading the paper at his desk. For some reason reading the paper at a vacant desk seems better than reading the paper at your own desk.

It almost seems like you could convince yourself that you’re researching the paper when it’s not at your desk as opposed to goofing off at work reading the paper on your own desk.

But I’m sure there are bigger issues at hand than some minor nuisance of someone reading the newspaper.

On the ride up in the elevator, someone I know asked how I was doing. I told then that I was surviving. I miss the way it was before responsibilities got in the way.

I’m trying to make a better effort of doing more than just surviving. I’m starting by picking some little thing and doing it instead of worrying about all of the things that I need to do.

The turtle is eating his floating log, the one I got to replace the floating ramp that he was eating. I’ve been feeding his as directed but he never seems satisfied and I worry about over feeding him. I think I might have to change his living arrangements so I can get enough room to pile a bunch of rocks in the tank so that he can get out of the water. So far he doesn’t seem to eat the rocks. He more trouble than I thought he would be but it really isn’t enough trouble to complain about.

Money is getting tighter and I was out of cash for coffee the other day so I had to unfold one of those origami shirts. You probably remember I don’t like unfolding them because it feels unlucky to me. I remember while smoothing out the creasing that it seemed rather silly to not want to unfold them. I didn’t seem any more unlucky than usual; my luck still seemed to be holding steady.

I hope all is well.

No comments: