Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swoop indeed

So, you see, there was this potato and this peeler and this index finder. The index finger was part of a larger group and in cahoots with the peeler and the whole lot of them started doing horrific things to the potato but the thing is that the potato was just sitting there taking it; taking it all, whatever was doled out and this perplexed the violent mob who then stepped up their attack and well, I guess the peeler got pushed a little too far and kind of ran over part of the index finger.

Peeled a piece right off.

Swoop.

I remember thinking: “Damn,” and then I watched as the blood started to come and then I thought: “This isn’t going to stop bleeding anytime soon because there is no skin to stop it,” so I quickly grabbed a paper napkin and tired to remember where the closest band-aids were and where the heck the rubber gloves were so I could finish the potatoes.

I think my band-aids are stuck in a closet behind a pile of clean clothes that I had dealt with by throwing them into a pile. It’s a rather large pile which can’t easily be moved with one hand.

I figured it would be just easier to buy new band-aids, so I folded a napkin a couple times and then cut it into a small square and then using packing tape, I made a band-aid.

The thing is that packing tape isn’t all the flexible, especially when you’re trying to wrap it around the tip of a finger, so when you make a band-aid out of packing tape and you can’t get a complete seal and your finger is still leaking blood not much unlike a slightly left on faucet, you are going to get some leakage.

So, I wrapped the tapped up finger in a Wendy’s napkin and drove to the drug store and kept my left hand in my pocket the whole time.

Damn potato.


This is four days later and it's covered in New Skin Liquid Bandage because the lighter colored oval is where there was no old skin at all.

(picture by request of xTx)

No comments: