Monday, February 23, 2009

The point being: Use the effing email!

I’ve been using lotion lately because the skin around my knuckles is drying out and it tends to split and tear when I’m cracking people in the jaw for making fun of me for using lotion.




I know I’ve touched some lives in my time here on Earth but it never seems that I’m doing enough.





I work in a relatively a big place and I wouldn’t mind coming right out and telling where it is but I really don’t want it to ever show up in some search engine so therefore I never speak the actual name of the place but I’m certain a few readers must have figured it out by now, especially if I read their site and they have something like sitemeter going on because my IP address just blurts out where I work.

Anyway, there are several departments and each department contains several divisions and each division contains several sections and sometimes the sections have groups and both the groups and the sections have several employees. The point being that there are a lot of people. So when I get a phone call from one of these people looking for one of my co-workers and I ask if I can take a message, I would really appreciate it if that person would say: “No thanks, I’ll sent them an email,” just like I do when I can’t reach someone in the building by the telephone, because once I hang up the phone after taking your message I sent my co-worker an email saying that you called.

The point being: Use the effing email!

And I would like to thank someone in the building for getting the message after I cc’ed her the email I sent my co-worker. She thanked me for relaying her message and then sent him an email with all the questions she wanted to ask him so now he has time to formulate answers for all her questions and can respond by email if he so wishes. Now isn’t that easy?

The point is: Thanks for using the email.

No comments: