Saturday, February 14, 2009

Louie, Louie

When I came back I brought with me a box of chocolates. Before I had left, Louie showed up with a bouquet of flowers. I couldn't see the quality of the flowers but the wrapping made them look like that where purchased from a street corner.

Louise is a regular; a newer regular, he isn't old school like me or Tony. Tony is in his eighties. Louie is in his seventies. Tony is in better shape than Louie. Tony states his displeasure every time, Louie refers to him as his uncle; Louie does this a lot.

I think Louie thinks that he has a chance with the bartender; nothing serious but maybe some shows of affection. I think that is why he brought in the flowers.

I don't think Louie is a bad guy but I also think that he oversteps his bounds. One of my shortcomings is that I like to try to put people in their place.

Fate provided me with a seat between my friend and Louie. I placed the bag with the high end chocolates on the far edge of the bar; between Louie and myself. It was almost in his way; next to the napkin holder which is next to the garnish station.

Louie's pride deflated a little. I smiled inside.

Later, when she was pouring a draft she said, "Louie, I can feel you raping me with your eyes."

Louie's a bit of a jerk.

No comments: