Monday, February 23, 2009

Come on, ma’am

Once, I ran into a friend of one my sisters at Staples. I believe I was buying cover stock, which is just very thick paper for those of you not in the know, it’s slightly less thick than card stock. Later my sister told me that so-n-so said that they were surprised to see me, a man, shopping in Staples.

The lady isn’t actually a friend of my sister, she just a former co-worker. I’m not certain where men are supposed to buy their office supplies. Are men even supposed to buy office supplies? Or is that strictly a woman’s job? Do I need to hang out in front of Staples pleading with ladies to buy me paperclips?

“Come on, ma’am, please. Please buy me some transparent tape. I’ve got the money right here. You can even keep the change. I’ll wait around the corner.”

No comments: