Tuesday, June 01, 2004

No small effort...


I read in the online version of the paper that a friend of mine is suing the Arch diocese over the closing of a school.

The story says that through fund raising efforts the school has been self sufficient and if it closes then the money raised for the school should be returned.

I agree.

I did the invites for some of the fundraising efforts. I was asked to create 250 custom invites, then the total was raised to 500, then 1250. They needed to be inexpensive the last invites had a price tag of $1.25 a piece and they weren’t much to look at. The invites I did fit into a business sized envelope which was crimped for style and matched the invites with cost four cents a piece in materials to make. They were labor intensive but I work for cheap, if the cause is just.

Over two years almost a quarter million was raised. The powers that be want to close the school. I smell a fight... And probably more invites.

No comments: