Thursday, June 10, 2004

will today ever end?...Don't I have work to do?...



On the second job I get a flat rate so if I screw around I just have to stay later to get stuff done.

today, I was working late covering someone else's shift. One of the higher ups came by he looked troubled. I asked him how he was doing. His reply was that he is worried all the effort will be in vain if this event doesn't take place.

The event is in danger because of a picket line. A picket line which other unions will not cross. A line that if not crossed will prevent work from happening. Work that is most necessary.

Build it and they will come, don't build it and they won't.

My first reply was "When don't we work in vain?" but being a smartass wasn't a course to be taken today, so that went unspoken. This guy is usually unflappable and here he is all flapped like. I said I think what might help a bit is that the paper's are turning from the picketing union. He agreed and said that the union is looking like a collective ass (my words not his). He left, still with his worry, I stayed still without them.

I think things will work out but there will be damage. ...But things will have to happen in less than five days. Or so me thinks.

No comments: