Saturday, June 19, 2004

Smile the smile


This post was going to be more of the same. More complaints that are in actuality me being a braggart. Prideful of the fact that I actually do feats of wonder on short notice, sometimes.

I phrase my arrogance as gripes because arrogance is unbecoming, although complaining is rather lame.

Nevertheless, no complaints today or at least not right now.

Yesterday I got word Uncle Johnny died. He wasn’t my uncle Johnny. He was the owner’s, of the r.e. office, uncle. I called him Uncle Johnny, I called him that because everyone else around called him that. I’m afforded family status because I afford family status.

I would only see Uncle Johnny of the bigger less private of his family occasions. The thing about Uncle Johnny was that whenever he would see you he would beam this big happy smile, like seeing you was the best thing that happened to him all day. The guy was full of life. A few years ago he suffered a stroke, it robbed him of some motor skills but he refused to lose his smile. He couldn’t say much well after the stroke but the smile said all he had to say.

So, Uncle Johnny my world would be a darker place at the moment if I couldn’t remember the brightness of your smile. Thank you.

No comments: