Sunday, June 13, 2004

untitled...


I was talking to a friend the other day. A friend who I met during a time in my life where I cannot recall being happy about the situation I was in. This friend said when choosing a name for his firstborn son he considered those he knew with the same name as mine and he concluded that the name was a good one.

I asked him "wasn't I a miserable prick most of the time back then?" He said "Maybe, but not to me, and despite of what was going on whenever you saw anyone of us, you always greeted us with a smile. There were times you looked super pissed but if anyone needed something, your attitude would change, you would stop what you were doing and help."

The point? The way I remember that time is that I was a prick but the way some remember it is a bit different. Which is most accurate?

Most likely both.

But I often forget the good.

No comments: