Sunday, June 20, 2004

the wake.


Yesterday at the wake, I walked right by didn't even glance, made a b-line to the family. Johnny's wife is called Chickie, I stood in front of her and she said "Johnny always loved Timmy". "He always had a smile for me" was my reply.

I was trying to play it cool, I should have kept my mouth shut, my reply was too much for me. I made it through the rest of the family, pausing briefly at each one. I wasn't saying much just concentrating on my escape. I was about to lose it.

I made it passed the primary family members, I could sense the freedom down the stairs and out the door, I had to walk the length of the full parking lot but once I was outside I would be better, or so I thought. But on the way another relative fell into view, more chit chat, more staving off emotions.

I finally made it to the sidewalk and across the street to the side I was parked on when the tears came. The sunglasses went on.

I really don't know what was the cause for this show of emotion.

During my brief appearance I was thanked for several things by several people. I felt the love of this family, love given to me.

Maybe, I have a problem being loved.

to me this reads way too dramatic for the actual

No comments: