Monday, June 14, 2004

The Plan...


The plan was to have stuff in hand when I arrived after the day job about 5:15pm. The plan when awry when after the day job I didn't have stuff in hand. But I had things I could do, like sent the mortgage payment overnight and get something from the store I needed for the project. I had those things completed at about 6:30pm. Still nothing in hand. But someone else dear to my heart starts talking to me about some layout that Alice wants by tomorrow. I'm thinking folks best get to cracking. Also thinking I'm glad I don't have to worry about it. Then I get so and so said you could help.

There was this pause that seemed to go on for days.

I have until 7:00am tomorrow to get all the stuff done. I have nothing in hand and now I have a new half page ad layout with five photos that need to be placed along with 1500 words for text.

I did a mock layout which will last until I can do a better job.

I get a call to meet somewhere to get stuff in hand. I go there and get just a little bit of stuff. The rest will follow. It is now 10:11PM.

I think I am screwed. I tell someone "I'm screwed. You know that don't ya".

I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, also someone needs a check so I have to do that as well.

No comments: