Sunday, June 27, 2004

The thought process...


unliked logo

So I'm into this silk screening thing probably over four hundred bucks, I want to get my money's worth so I've been thinking up how to use all this stuff.

I'm working on making a screen for the logo I don't like, I'm changing stuff up because when you work for free you get a certain amount of f.u. rights. And also because I was asked to do white on red and red on white versions and some times you have to fuss with the art work to make it work right.

I had three versions of the same logo on one screen and I was originally going to mask off the two I didn't want and just print the desired one on individual t-shirts over where the breast pocket would be but I decided that would be too many t-shirts.

The new plan - print all the versions in a horizontal line on the back of one t-shirt. But I hadn't lined them up on the screen in a line so I would have to screen each shirt three times. That would be too much work.

These are just prototypes, after all.

The next new plan - print them (on the back of the T) as they are on the screen which is vertically, one off center to the left, one off center to the right and one off center to the left. A little funky but I think it will look good, pretty good even.

(Which is what I did but I'm doing a different screen, certain lines were too fine for the openings in the screen I was using.)

Lining stuff up on the back made me think that the three logos lined vertically would look good. Then I thought about repeating the pattern of the three logos, shrinking them in size and running them all the way down the back of the t-shirt like a spine.

I liked the idea of the spine but didn't think it would fit this school. So I tried to think of where I could use the spine idea. I thought about running circles with letters down the spine but the name had to be relatively short. My first thought was what you see below but then I thought about instead of thedetox.com what about dragon(s) which is the mascot for the school where my sister works and she has been asking for t-shirt ideas.

My sister usually will do iron t-shirts but she wants screen the ones for this year, she has this very nice dragon logo. She was asking for ideas and she was using this snake-like asian dragon which is nice but I suggested to go to an English type dragon like the knights used to fight and do it in a wood cut style. She drew something impressive. I like it a lot. I'll post it once I get a scanned copy of it.

But anyway this is my vision for the back of some t-shirt that most likely will not ever exist so picture it saying dragons.



I get other marketing ideas for other things besides thedetox.com. I came up with this idea for a bookmark after I got my laminator but I still can't think of anybody that would want it. The best I could think of is Condom World but that doesn't seem right either.

No comments: