Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Earlier...

Miss Y asks if I would like a coffee. I think for a moment and then say "Yes."

"Have you set a date yet?" I was asked.

"No, I'm leaving that up to her"

"Have you given her a ring yet?" I was asked.

"Nope"

"How can she set a date, without a ring?" I was asked.

"She can't pick a date without a ring?"

"Nooo! At least we know it is you that is holding things up" I was told.

...

I have this urge to write, so I write. I write my usual innocuous post and try to call it a day but the urge remains.

"What? What do you want? Oh, urge of mine. I have nothing to say"

I've been getting ideas lately, ideas about things I've let languish due to lack of ideas.

I think I may be turning a corner or maybe just stopping the sliding backwards.

Maybe, it's the just not caring that is passing.

My mediocre attitude is no longer as tolerated like it used to be.

I want to be great, again.

My great was only ever so so, so don't go spazing out.

...

The thing about upgrading and/or installing is that there is a lot of just waiting. I have this guy from MIS in the cube across from me upgrading a cube neighbor's machine. The dude is just sitting there yawning and stuff and most likely watching me.

My boss comes over and starts talking to the MIS guy about computers and tries to get me involved in the conversation.

No, thanks, boss. Those MIS dudes need to stay away from my machine. I don't want them to know that I even exist. The last time they touched my machine they deleted all my print drivers just because they didn't think I was using them.

...

The following is my quote of the day.

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
- -- Phillips Brooks

It's what you do when 'it doesn't matter' that sometimes matters most.

...

okay, that MIS dude is actually sleeping right now.

No comments: